Saturday, September 1, 2007

Facebook

"Facebook is a social utility that connects you with the people around you." I have to admit, facebook is addictive. It is a pretty neat tool also. For instance, I would never have know that Heang was going to the GT vs Noter Dame game today in 'the bend" if it had not been for his posts on facebook. It is a easy way to keep up to date with what others are doing, sometimes on a day to day basis depending on how much they keep up their profile. I was a skeptic, but I am having fun on facebook. I have reconnected with family and friends and it has the potential to be a good tool for recruitment also. If you have a facebook profile, ask me to be your friend and we can link up. For those that are still skeptical or are afraid of having to much information on the net, I have found facebook to have very good privacy controls so you can limit your exposure. To give credit where credit is due, thanks to the Wilkins for inviting us to be friends on facebook. To Amanda, for the encouragement that we can do this and to the Newsweek article that reported the great business potential of facebook, it appealed to the "I want to be in the know" side of me. See you facebook soon!
Derrick
Jockey's Ridge, OBX, July '07

No comments: